MHYC has a proud tradition of developing young sailors through a range of programs and racing. Sunday Centreboard Racing provides a fun competitive environment and is part of young sailors developing their skills. MHYC has a number of classes that are raced under its banner that form part of the pathway into its senior yachting. Current classes include the Optimist, International Cadet, 420, 29er and the Melges 20 sportsboat.
Racing is conducted most Sundays during the summer with breaks during the Christmas Holidays. For futher information please see the MHYC Centreboard Sailing Handbook.
2018-2019 MHYC Centreboard Sailing Handbook (Including Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions)
MHYC Centreboard Racing Schedule (Updated 10 January 2018)
Notices to Competitors
- NTC 2018-08-30 Commodores Front Up! Cup on September 1 Abandoned
- NTC 2018-09-19-1 Short Course Sprint Series on September 23 Abandoned
- NTC 2019-01-10-1 Racing Schedule Amended
- NTC 2019-03-28-1 Change to Finish Line for April 7
- NTC 2019-05-11-1 Winter Racing Schedule Amended
Limted on-site storage for centreboard dinghies is available at MHYC
To download the application form - click here