Members who wish to berth their boat on the marina or moorings are required to log their interest with the marina manager. The Club applies the following priority to the application of berths:
- Members who have provided significant financial support or services to the club;
- Marina Pre Paid (10 year) Applicants;
- Debenture Applicants;
- Current Marina Berth occupiers;
- Current Club Mooring occupiers;
- Wait list applicants.
Additionally in allocating vacancies the club applies a preference to vessel type and club usage:
- Prime preference to boats of appropriate size to berth;
- Preference to yachts engaged in the clubs sailing program (racing or cruising);
- Motor Vessels, based on involvement in club activities.
MHYC has 103 marina berths available to Full, Senior and Life Members only, who shall maintain current membership of the club for the period a berth is allocated to them.
Marina berth fees are charged monthly, on a direct debit system. Fees are annually based:
2015/16 Marina Fees - at competetive prices. Contact Marina Manager for details. Additional maintenance fees may apply.
MHYC has 9 moorings available to Full Adult, Senior and Life Members only who shall maintain current membership of the club for the period a berth is allocated to them.
Moorings fees are charged monthly, on a direct debit system. Fees are annually based:
2016/17 Mooring Fees - at competitive prices. Contact Marina Manager for details. Additional maintenance fees may apply.
Casual Berthing Information
From time to time temporary berthing may be available for visiting yachts and vessels. Casual Berths are considered as the Marina T-Heads & Vacant Berths or Moorings. All fees include GST.
Casual Marina Rates, per day:
|Boat LOA||Club Member||Non Member|
|Up to 35 feet / 11mtr||$50.00||$65.00|
|36 feet - 45 feet / 14 mtr||$60.00||$75.00|
|46 feet - 55 feet / 17mtr||$75.00||$90.00|
Casual Mooring Rates, per day:
|Boat LOA||Club Member||Non Member|
Please note that during Club Regatta’s MHYC may restrict access to the Casual Marina berths. Notices will be posted when appropriate.
Prior Booking only - Download Form Here
MHYC can provide shore access to charter operators, price on application, to all drop off/collections.
- All visiting and Members Vessels are to report to the Marina Office or Dock Master on arrival. Prior contact can be made on Tel: 0450 275 554 (or VHF Channel 73 on race days). Casual Marina and Mooring Fees apply.
- No vessel with a displacement of more than 20 tonnes is permitted to moor, embark, disembark passengers or attach itself in any way to the marina structure. No vessel shall berth for longer than 10minutes adjacent the Marina Pump out Facility on Marina Arm B.
- Substantial mooring lines and spring and fenders shall be used;
o Fenders of a type and size appropriate to the size of the vessel must be placed before the yacht approaches the marina. (NOTE: plastic containers and tyres are not considered adequate fenders);
When a yacht/vessel, because of special circumstances, needs to be left overnight, the owner or skipper must first obtain the consent of the Marina Manager or Duty Officer and complete a casual berthing form.
All vessels must pay the required fee for a day or overnight stay with the exception of Members who shall receive one night free of charge per month, up to a maximum of 6 nights per year, any subsequent stays in that year shall be charged at the member’s rate.
Where a yacht is left overnight on the marina on the eve of a Race Day and is not to be actively raced that day, IT SHALL VACATE THE MARINA BY 0900 HOURS;
No vessel will be permitted to be left overnight on the beach or the yachts’ launching ramp areas without first obtaining the consent of the Marina Manager and completing the appropriate form, which may be obtained from the office or bar;
The Marina Manager has the authority to move any casual occupant to another berth, mooring or emergency mooring.