MIDDLE HARBOUR YACHT CLUB
ACN 000 248 877
NOTICE OF GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given of a General Meeting of MIDDLE HARBOUR YACHT CLUB to be held on Tuesday 22 May 2018 commencing at 7:00 pm at the premises of the Club, Lower Parriwi Road, The Spit, Mosman, NSW.
The business of the meeting will be to consider and if thought fit pass, the Special Resolution set out below.
That the Constitution of the Middle Harbour Yacht Club (the Club) in the form presented to the meeting (and having previously been made available to members) be adopted as the Constitution of the Club in substitution for and to the exclusion of the existing Constitution of the Club.
NOTES TO MEMBERS ON THE SPECIAL RESOLUTION
- The Special Resolution is to adopt a new Constitution to replace the Club’s existing Constitution.
- Please refer to the Explanatory Memorandum which accompanies this notice as it sets out a summary of the proposed new Constitution.
- If members would like a copy of the proposed new Constitution or the existing Constitution, they can be obtained from the Club’s reception on request.
- A copy of the proposed new Constitution and the existing Constitution are also on display on the Club’s Notice Board and on the Club’s website.
- To be passed, the Special Resolution must receive votes in its favour from not less than three quarters (75%) of those members, who being eligible to do so, vote in person on the Special Resolution at the meeting.
- Only Life members, financial Full members, financial Senior members, financial Sailing members and financial Sailing Under 30 members are eligible to vote on the Special Resolution.
- Under the Registered Clubs Act, members who are employees of the Club are not entitled to vote and proxy voting is prohibited.
- The Board of the Club recommends the Special Resolution and the proposed new Constitution to members.
Dated: 24 April 2018 By direction of the Board
Chief Executive Officer
Explanatory Memorandum for proposed new Constitution can be found here
Proposed new constitution can be found here
Please note only members who have voting rights are able to vote on club matters. While all other members are welcome to attend the meeting they will NOT be able to vote on the constitutional change.