The MHYC Centreboard Division Presentations were held on Sunday afternoon following the first of the Winter Series races.
Rear Commodore Alister Copley welcomed sailors, families and friends to the ceremony and presented the trophies.
The John Merricks Trophy and Presidents Trophy was accepted by John-Mark Paul on behalf of Lachie Brewer & Max Paul. The John Merricks Trophy is awarded for the best performance in a World or International Championships and the Presidents Trophy is awarded for the best performance in a National Championship.
Lachie & Max had a highly successful season in the 2017-2018 with outstanding results in the highly competitive 29er class in Australia and overseas.
- 6th at the 2017 World Championships in Long Beach, California (129 boats)
- 1st at the 2018 Nationals in Brisbane (43 Boats)
- 2nd at the 2018 Australian Youth Champs in Brisbane (34 boats)
- 2nd at the 2018 Worlds in Hong Kong ( 58 boats)
The Marion Packer Trophy is awarded for the most improvement since completing a MHYC Junior Sailing Course. This year, the recipient was Optimist sailor Sienna Kaill.
Ella Delaney was presented with the Doris Burke (Alcyone) Junior Trophy which is awarded to the crew that rates the highest in consistency, improvement, enthusiasm and sportsmanship.
The Seamanship Award , awarded for showing outstanding sailing savvy, was presented to Zac Braden.
2017-2018 MHYC Club Championship Winners were…
Division 1 (29er)
- 1st - Lachlan Brewer & Max Paul
- 2nd - Madeline Sloane & Madeleine McLeay
- 3rd - Dylan Janus & Conor Hay
Division 2 (International Cadet)
- 1st - Natasha Nisbet & Zac Nisbet
- 2nd - Ella Gray & Ben Harrington
- 3rd - Gianni Watson & Hamish Longstaff
Division 3 (Optimist)
- 1st - Mischa Barrat
- 2nd - Oscar Larkins
- 3rd - Edward Hooper
To finish the 2018 Awards Ceremony, Chair of Frank Likely Trust and Past Commodore of MHYC, Julie Hodder awarded the 2018 Frank Likely Trust Award to Kai Lin Tan. The award was a $3000 cheque to support her campaign with 2017 Award recipient Leo McAllister to compete in the 2018 Nacra 15 World Championships, Barcelona, Spain.
Centreboard Presentations on May 20, 2018
Centreboard Racing on May 20, 2018